- Do you worry that you or your business might be the victim of fraud?
- Are you in a partnership/business dispute and wonder if income has historically been split equitably?
- Do you need to analyze your financial data to uncover potential misconduct?
- Maybe you’re involved in litigation and require an expert witness to testify on your behalf?
- Are you a fiduciary or a beneficiary to a trust and there are questions about the trust accounting that could lead to litigation?
- If any of these situations apply, you may need our Forensic Accounting services.
Who Needs Forensic Accounting
Forensic accounting – also called financial forensics or forensic auditing – is an area of accounting that investigates actual or anticipated disputes.
Disputes can range from business-related litigation to family financial disputes. We handle both litigation support and investigative accounting, but just like an attorney that specializes in a certain aspect of law, we focus in the investigative accounting arena.
This area covers accounting assistance for current or pending litigation. For a litigation assignment, we…
- assist in obtaining the necessary documentation to support or refute a claim;
- examine the relevant documentation to form an assessment of the case;
- review the accounting report produced by the opposing expert;
- assist with settlement discussions and negotiations;
- provide expert witness testimony at trials, hearings, and depositions; and
- attend court appearances as needed to hear the testimony of the opposing expert and provide assistance with cross-examination.
Occasionally, you may need to explore whether fraud or misconduct has occurred. There are a variety of environments where are expertise can help.
- In a business environment where there is suspected employee theft of property or inventory, misappropriation of funds by employees, and kickbacks to employees from outside businesses. We have supported plaintiffs/prosecution and the defense in determining the truth behind the numbers.
- Trust accounting where family members/beneficiaries are questioning the financial management by a trustee/fiduciary. We have worked with beneficiaries and fiduciaries to sort out complex trust accountings and bring answers to often emotional situations.
With our investigative accounting services, we bring to bear our accounting knowledge and experience in the field to give you a clear understanding of the situation. When you retain our expertise, we skillfully…
- review the situation and offer suggestions for possible courses of action;
- assist with the protection and recovery of assets;
- coordinate with other experts, including private investigators and computer forensic investigators; and
- assist with any necessary civil action or criminal prosecution.
GIVE US A CALL
If any of the above apply to you, please call us today. We are happy to offer a free initial consultation to help you determine whether our services are needed.